My name is Big Moe Cason and I was born, raised, and corn fed out of Des Moines, Iowa. Growing up I had always known I wanted a better life for myself so I joined the NAVY in 1989. I served on the USS Missouri during Desert Shield and Desert Storm. After that ship decommissioned, I served the remaining time on the USS Peleliu. The NAVY was the best decision for me because it taught me the life lessons I needed growing up. I entered my first BBQ contest in June 2006 and have been addicted ever since. (My wife says obsessed. Ok, maybe.) I decided to name my team Ponderosa BBQ because the old folks call the neighborhood we live in “The Ponderosa.” I have been a member and competing on the KCBS,IBCA,GBA,MBN BBQ circuits. I am a self taught Pitmaster who loves his craft and enjoys the competition scene. I make my own competition rubs and sauces. I am passionate about my Q because what initially was a hobby, very quickly turned into a way of life. I live it. I breathe it. I AM BBQ.
- good news! ponderosa bbq will soon be catering my menu and prices will be posted soon
- Ponderosa bbq will be vending bbq &soul food in Des Moines
- Big Moe Cason Barbeque Sauces are now for sale!
- Moe Cason on this week’s episode of the new Season 3 of BBQ Pitmasters
- BBQ Pitmasters Season 3 Audition Video